Corona vaccination: Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan’s serious allegations against the Maharashtra government
New Delhi: The state government has been alleging non-supply of corona vaccines to Maharashtra for the last two days. Health Minister Rajesh Tope had also informed that the state had only 3 days supply of vaccines. This has started a tussle between the state government and the BJP. Similarly, now the Union Health Minister Dr. based on these claims of the state government. Harsh Vardhan has leveled harsh allegations against the state government.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has castigated the state government. He has posted a circular from his Twitter account targeting the Maharashtra government.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan issued a statement today. The key issues related to Maharashtra were:
1. A year after the outbreak of the corona, many states have not been able to contain the corona.
2. Today many states are demanding vaccination of citizens above 18 years of age. But, the demand-supply criteria, the vaccination policy was decided after transparent discussions with all the state governments every time.
3. The main purpose of vaccination is to reduce mortality in the most affected group and to keep the remaining components away from corona infection. Therefore, all such factors were first selected in the health sector and then for more than 45 years.
4. What did the governments do in the priorities that were set now? Maharashtra gave the dose to 86 per cent of the health workers, while there are 10 states which have achieved this target by more than 90 per cent.
5. Maharashtra has given second dose to only 41% of the health workers, while 12 states / UTs have achieved this target of more than 60%.
Rajesh Tope demands supply of vaccines to Maharashtra as per demand
6. Maharashtra vaccinated 73 per cent of the people in giving the first dose in this category of Frontline Workers, while in 5 states the proportion is more than 85 per cent. In the same category, the second dose was given to 41 per cent people in Maharashtra, while in 6 states it is more than 45 per cent.
7. In this category of senior citizens, 25% vaccination has been done in Maharashtra. In about 4 states, the proportion is more than 50 per cent.
8. The manner in which the Maharashtra government has handled mismanagement over the past year has made it the only state in the country to fight the Corona-controlled war. We consistently helped the state government. Provided them with all the resources. Central team sent. But, the result of what happened due to the efforts of the state government is before us today. Today, Maharashtra has not only the highest number of patients and the highest number of deaths, but also the highest infection rate in the world. Testing is still not ready to improve and there are also shortcomings in finding patient contacts.
9. The Government of Maharashtra is endangering the lives of the entire people. The rules of institutional segregation for individual recovery alone are not strictly enforced. The state government will have to do a lot to get out of this crisis and the Center is ready to provide all possible assistance.
10. So far I have remained silent. But, no one should understand my silence as a weakness, so I have to speak up. It is always easy to do politics. But good governance and the creation of health facilities is a test of true potential.
#Corona #vaccination #Union #Health #Minister #Harsh #Vardhans #allegations #Maharashtra #government