Chirag paswan will go to grand alliance: Under whose umbrella Nitish or Tejashwi will go to Ram Vilas’s Lal
Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas) president Chirag Paswan is looking for a new partner. After the crushing defeat in both the seats in the by-elections, Chirag Paswan has decided that he will fight the next election by staying in alliance. After the talk of an alliance on behalf of Chirag, the market of speculation is hot in the political circles. Political pundits have started guessing according to their own opinion whether Chirag Paswan will be a part of NDA or of Mahagathbandhan.
Will Chirag Paswan go to NDA?
Last week, Chirag Paswan posted a picture of his personal meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his social media platform. After this picture surfaced, speculation has started whether Chirag Paswan is ready to become a constituent of NDA once again. However, there has been no comment on this from Chirag Paswan or his supporters so far. When asked questions to the spokespersons of LJP (Ram Vilas) in this context, they refused to say anything on it. The party is constantly saying that the final decision on the alliance will be of Chirag Paswan.
Chirag’s troubles when going to NDA
1. Chirag will accept the leadership of Nitish Kumar: Nitish Kumar is the biggest challenge before Chirag Paswan’s party in becoming an NDA constituent in Bihar. Nitish Kumar is the only recognized leader in Bihar NDA. Without their consent, there is no possibility of any party becoming part of the alliance at the moment. Chirag Paswan and Nitish Kumar have a different type of tension going on since the Bihar assembly elections in 2020. Chirag has been continuously challenging the leadership of Nitish Kumar since 2020. He is also not deterring from making a personal attack on Nitish. JDU has become the number three party in the state due to Chirag Paswan fielding a candidate against Nitish Kumar’s party in the 2020 Bihar Assembly elections. To avenge this deep wound inflicted by Chirag Paswan, it is believed that Nitish Kumar has made his uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras in his side and broke into LJP. Not only this, Chirag has been isolated in his own family. Even Nitish Kumar did not attend the anniversary of Ram Vilas Paswan celebrated by Chirag Paswan. In the midst of such tumultuous relationships, it is unlikely that Chirag will once again accept the leadership of Nitish Kumar and become a part of the NDA.
2. How will Chirag go to NDA while uncle Pashupati: Uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras had removed Chirag Paswan from the post of party president after LJP got only one seat in the 2020 Bihar Assembly elections, putting five party MPs in his side. Even after several attempts by Chirag, Pashupati Kumar Paras did not meet him. Pashupati isolated Chirag from the party and declared himself to be a part of the NDA. Not only this, Pashupati also got a ministerial post in the center as a reward. It is believed that JDU’s national president Lalan Singh has played a role in bringing this entire political development to an end. It will be interesting to see how Chirag Paswan will become a part of this alliance while being in the NDA of Uncle Pashupati.
3. BJP did not support its Hanuman: During the 2020 Bihar Assembly elections, Chirag Paswan may have fielded his party’s candidate against JDU candidates, but he did not field anyone against BJP’s candidate. During that time Chirag Paswan had announced that his alliance with BJP is intact. Not only this, Chirag Paswan had described himself as the Hanuman of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. After the election, when uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras revolted in the party and the family, the BJP did not support its Hanuman. Chirag Paswan has also expressed grief about this. Instead of supporting Chirag, BJP supported the revolting uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras and he was given a place in the Union Cabinet. In such a situation, it has to be seen whether Chirag Paswan once again goes with BJP due to compulsion or not.
Why is Chirag not accepting the offer from RJD?
Chirag Paswan has received an offer to become a constituent party of the Grand Alliance. This offer has been given by RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav himself. Tejashwi Yadav has given a statement in the media that the doors are open for Chirag Paswan on his behalf, now he has to take the decision. In such a situation, the big question arises as to why Chirag Paswan is hesitant to become a constituent of the Grand Alliance.
1. Defeat of RJD candidates in the by-elections: Both the RJD candidates lost in the recently held by-elections to Kusheshwarsthan and Tarapur assembly seats. After Tejashwi Yadav’s life in both the seats and even after Lalu Prasad Yadav’s public meeting, RJD candidates have lost. It has become so clear from this defeat that the people of Bihar are still not ready to fully believe in Tejashwi Yadav. Chirag Paswan has also received a message from the result of the by-election that the public does not have a winning trend in favor of RJD, so becoming a constituent of the Grand Alliance can be a loss-making deal for him.
2. The 2010 result will be in the mind of Chirag: In the 2010 Bihar assembly elections, Lalu Prasad Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswan formed an alliance together. Both the leaders hoped that the combination of Muslim + Yadav + Dalit would give them power. But on the contrary, the people of Bihar completely rejected this alliance. The alliance of Lalu and Ram Vilas could not win even the number of MLAs fixed for the role of opposition in the Bihar Assembly. It may be that Chirag Paswan is understanding from this result of history that his alliance with RJD may not prove to be more beneficial for him.
3. Chirag Paswan would like to live under Tejashwi’s umbrella: The largest constituent of the Grand Alliance has made it clear from the RJD that the only face of this alliance is Tejashwi Yadav. Any party that wants to become a constituent of the Grand Alliance will have to accept the leadership of Tejashwi Yadav. Even the party challenging the leadership of Tejashwi Yadav is in danger of going out of the Grand Alliance. When leaders like Jitan Ram Manjhi, Upendra Kushwaha tried to challenge Tejashwi’s leadership, they had to leave the Grand Alliance. Not only this, while Congress tried to put forward a young face like Kanhaiya Kumar, RJD did not take long to separate him from the Grand Alliance. Chirag Paswan has been telling himself that he is more capable and older than Tejashwi Yadav. If Chirag comes into the Grand Alliance, he will have to take his political innings forward by staying under the umbrella of Tejashwi Yadav. It will be interesting to see whether Chirag will be ready to accept Tejashwi’s leadership.
Chirag has any other option?
Looking at the current political situation in Bihar, Chirag Paswan does not see any satisfactory third option other than the Grand Alliance or NDA. In the 2020 Bihar assembly elections, the public did not take much interest in the alliance formed by small parties. In such a situation, it can be said that Chirag Paswan will hardly take the risk of forming any third alliance other than the Grand Alliance or NDA in Bihar.
#Chirag #paswan #grand #alliance #umbrella #Nitish #Tejashwi #Ram #Vilass #Lal